- Auditory & Language Neuroscience Laboratory
- Bilingualism, Mind, and Brain Lab – Now accepting applications for undergraduate research!
- Computation of Language Laboratory
- El Areyto Lab for Second Language Acquisition & Bilingualism
- Human Abilities in Bilingual Language Acquisition (HABLA) Lab
- The Meaning Lab
- Language Processing Group
- Speech Communication Lab
- Center for the Advancement of Logic, its Philosophy, History, and Applications
- Center for Cognitive Neuroscience & Engineering
- Center for Hearing Research
- Center for Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems
Research Opportunities and Outreach
- NACLO (outreach)
Undergraduate Language Science Research: LSci 195A-B-C (was Linguis 195A-B-C before Fall 2019)
- Overview: Courses in the 195x series are for undergraduate students working with language
science faculty on research. Students enrolled in any of these courses engage in faculty-supervised
research, participate in research seminars, and attend both language science research
presentations and reading groups as available throughout the quarter. This allows
them to gain valuable experience with the research process (including literature review,
project design and implementation, research presentation, and research writing), culminating
with their own language science research contribution.
The course sequence is coordinated by the Undergraduate Director of the Language Science B.A.
- Interested students obtain permission from their faculty advisor to enroll in the appropriate course (195A for fall, 195B for winter, and 195C for spring).
- The faculty advisor then contacts the Undergraduate Director of the Language Science B.A. confirming that the student has permission to enroll in the appropriate 195x course, to be supervised by that faculty member.
- The Undergraduate Director will provide an authorization code that the student can use to enroll in the appropriate 195x course.
- At the end of the quarter, the student will provide a progress report to the supervising faculty member.
- The supervising faculty member will send this report to the Undergraduate Director of the Language Science B.A., along with a recommended grade for the student.
- The Undergraduate Director will submit the student's final grade for the 195x course.